- Beautiful location on the Brisbane River
- Excellent team environment and career opportunities
- Competitive Salary Package & Employee Benefits
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252-guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and passionate IT Manager to perform an integral management role in managing the hotel’s computer system and computer support. This role is responsible for daily support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks and telephony systems throughout the hotel. Additionally responsible for Information Technology issues, products and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support. Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Hotel’s Property Management Systems
- Ensure system security is established and maintained at appropriate standards
- Document every system maintenance and data back-up procedures.
- Ensure the on-going integrity of all hardware and software including effective preventative and remedial measures where appropriate.
- Maintain a register of all licenses for all software operated by the Hotel.
- Maintain a register of all hardware.
- Maintain a register of all contracts impacting in whatever manner upon the computer operation.
- Liaise with the software suppliers for upgrades
- Attend the actual installation of all upgrades including dissemination changes of the new upgrades to the users.
- Monitor and enhance system performance.
- Keep up to date with the changing technology and communicate to senior management any innovations available in the market place that would improve efficiency.
- Train the users of the application systems for effective usage and maximisation of the software capabilities.
- Liaise with the broadband supplier as required to ensure the continued operation of the Hotels Guest broadband
- Liaise with the In-house Movie supplier as required to ensure the continued operation of the Hotels Guest Movie system
- Assist the Financial Controller with special projects, which involves computer-related matters.
- Perform other duties as required by the Financial Controller.
Skills and Experience
- Qualification or degree in the following fields; Information Technology, Computer Science or Management (preferred)
- 5 years minimum experience in Hospitality Operations and IT support roles (preferred)
- 2 years of Supervisor/Managerial Experience (preferred)
- Extensive working knowledge of hotel property management systems
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft Certification
- Experience with hospitality related systems such as Opera and Key Card will be highly regarded.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional level of communication, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure along with problem-solving abilities
- Previous experience in the same or similar role is essential.
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities and development
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Subsidised Staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.